Who are we?
Our websites www.thesportsconsultancy.com and www.tsclegal.co.uk (the “Sites”) are operated by The Sports Consultancy Legal Limited and The Sports Consultancy Limited respectively, of One De Walden Court, 85 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6XD, also referred to in this Privacy Notice as “we” or “us”. The Sports Consultancy Limited and The Sports Consultancy Legal Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal information:
What information will we collect from you?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the matter that we are dealing with. In particular we may collect the following information from you which is defined as ‘personal data’:
- Personal details such as your name, address, email address and other contact details
- Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us
- Details of your visit to our Sites and the resources that you access
Our use of your personal information collected through the Sites
We may use personal information collected from you through the Sites in the following ways:
- To ensure that the Sites are presented to you in an effective manner
- To provide you with information that you have requested from us
- Where you have registered to do so, to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing and other materials relating to our services, unless you would prefer us not to do so (see Your Rights below)
How will we use your information?
We will mainly use your information for the provision of our services and this is for the performance of the contract between us. We may also use it for:
- Administering any accounts
- Processing your bank/credit card details in order to obtain payment
- The prevention and detection of fraud
- Market research
- Credit reference checks (where appropriate)
Disclosing your personal information
We will not share personal information with any third party except where:
- You have expressly consented for us to share your personal information with third parties
- Where applicable, in order to provide you (or your company) with services, we may provide personal information to the courts, to lawyers advising the other party to a matter we are assisting you with, or to other professionals (such as overseas law firms, patent agents, forensic accountants, or barristers)
- We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to disclose your personal information, (for example, in order to fulfil our anti-money laundering obligations) or in order to enforce or apply our Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with your engagement terms; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our firm, our clients or others
- Where you authorise us we may also disclose information to your family, associates or representatives and we may also disclose your information to debt collection agencies if you do not pay our bills.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will keep your information throughout the period of time that we do work for you and afterwards for a period of six years as we are required to do so by law.
What rights do you have?
You have a series of rights underthe retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Further information on this issue can be obtained from our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Who can you complain to if you are unhappy about what we have done with your information?
If you are unhappy about how we are using your information then initially you should contact the Data Protection Officer and if your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, details available at www.ico.org.uk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, which can be exercised by checking the relevant boxes when you complete an online form or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we store your personal information
In order to provide our services and the Sites, any personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored by a third party at a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area, including in a country where the law provides less protection for personal information. By continuing to use our services or the Sites and by providing any personal information, you are consenting to such transfers, storing or processing of your personal information.
If we engage a third party to process personal information on our behalf we contractually require them to apply appropriate safeguards for personal information.
Links to third party websites